Why lease your printing equipment?
There have been huge strides in creating digital solutions for a paperless world. Yet despite the growing trend, businesses can still find themselves heavily dependent on paperwork.
Some may need physical copies of documents, CAD drawings or even 3D print outs. Whatever the reasons, leasing your equipment remains one of the most cost-effective and environmental solutions out there. Buying a printer outright, or any other business equipment is a huge drain on cash flow.
Spreading the cost of the equipment over the life of the equipment is good business practice. In fact, most leading Blue Chip companies would not dream of buying their printers. So why do smaller companies?
A lot of the reasons are historical. The changing face of leasing means you can have the latest equipment, the lowest maintenance costs and the highest performance, all for one small monthly fee.
So if you are thinking of getting a new laser printer, 3d printer or indeed any piece of printing equipment, leasing is certainly a very cost-effective solution.
Business savvy. The benefits of leasing.
Buying all of your equipment outright can get very expensive. The big hit, of course, is on your cash flow. Leasing is business savvy, with benefits such as:
- Being able to use the best equipment on the market. A top brand or latest model is costly if you have to pay for it outright.
- Leasing equipment is treated as a ‘fixed asset’ on your balance sheet.
- Leasing vs. owning is tax-efficient because it is classed as a pre-tax business expense, meaning you can deduct the entire payment every time you make it.
- Low upfront costs, low monthly payments and flexible leasing terms. Your fixed payments don’t rise even if interest rates do.
- A low-cost lease agreement means no lump sum to pay so better cash flow. Having more working capital to develop other areas of the business is only a good thing.
- Using an MPS provider means payments can be structured to meet your cash flow needs. You can determine the length of your lease agreement and the rental payments from the outset. Long term or short term, choose a period of time to suit the business.
Why lease your printer equipment: Efficiency.
Having business equipment that is highly productive means less fuss and less stress when it comes to your printing solutions. Leasing is efficient, with many benefits.
- Leasing a printer and having the latest model means a higher level of performance, which saves on maintenance costs.
- You can upgrade your model more often, reaping all the benefits from your top of the range equipment without losing any of your initial investment.
- Having an offsite repair engineer at your disposal saves you the worry of fixing your equipment when it breaks down. The call out, engineer time and parts are all included in the cost of the lease, and with one phone call to your provider, you’ve saved yourself valuable time and hassle.
- Print audits ensure you are only buying and using what you need, saving on costs. They also check how well the equipment is performing and being utilised, suggesting ways of improvement if required. All pieces of equipment are carefully monitored.
- Clear inventories. All parts and replacements are handled by the leasing company.
Environmental issues really matter.
We all want to reduce our carbon footprint, and it is an important consideration when deciding which printing solution to use. Leasing can be far more environmentally friendly, with benefits such as:
- A leasing company will handle the disposals and recycling of broken or old equipment, including all parts at the end of their lifespan.
- A leasing company will recycle paper, ink cartridges, toner etc. when needed.
- An office printer can be environmentally friendly and save you money at the same time.
- Print audits ensure you are only buying and using what you need, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Most leasing companies offer a recycling scheme and will help you with your policies and procedures around equipment usage.
- Ink cartridges are usually monitored through the machines and recycled as and when they are needed. They are also generally bigger, last longer than commercial products and are included in the lease price.
So give us a call today on 01707 659312 to chat to one of our friendly team. We look forward to hearing from you!